Environmental Planning & Permitting
At EPG we fulfill the environmental planning and permitting needs for a full range of projects with a focus on the energy industry including linear facilities (transmission lines, pipelines, and transportation), renewable generation (solar and wind) and non-renewable generation, mining, and other forms of industrial development.
Our experience includes local, county, state and federal planning and permitting. Through the years, we have enhanced our ability to manage projects of all scales and degrees of complexity from simple feasibility studies to complicated environmental impact statements (EISs), and have a wealth of successful testimony experience supporting these studies.
Our interdisciplinary planning staff and senior management team of key professionals have worked together for an average of 25 years. These individuals have extensive experience providing our services from concept through construction and this team continues to be the most experienced, respected, and successful environmental consultants, in particular the energy sector.
At EPG we believe we have a responsibility to our clients, our communities, and the environment in which we work to ensure that our services are provided in a thorough, ethical, environmentally conscientious, and considerate manner.
Planning and Permitting Services
Our services include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of Environmental Impact Statements (EISs), Environmental Assessments (EAs), Categorical Exclusions (CEs), and Determination of NEPA Adequacy (DNAs) studies and permits
- Preparation of State, Municipal, and local studies and permits
- Management of the environmental and field studies required for the successful completion of all types of projects. These include but are not limited to biological (including threatened and endangered species, wetlands, vegetation, wildlife, fisheries, etc.), cultural (archaeological, historical, and traditional cultural places), land use and recreation, socioeconomics, visual (including simulations), and landscape architecture.
- Preparation of Feasibility and risk studies and SF299 Applications
- Preparation and management of Construction and post construction services including preparation of compliance documents such as Plans of Development (PODs), Reclamation Plans, Environmental surveys and monitoring
Our corporate responsibility to our clients includes:
- dedication of an experienced project team with qualifications carefully matched to requirements and responsibilities;
- utilization of systematic, comprehensive, understandable and defensible study and decision methodologies appropriate to the project area, issues, alternatives, and environment;
- effective dialogue with agency personnel, stakeholders, special interest representation, and the public to properly educate and obtain and utilize input;
- communication and documentation of issues and results through clear, concise writing, graphics, and data management formats;
- frequent and close coordination of major project-related activities and milestones with our clients, to assure all project objectives are achieved within the required timeframes and in the most cost-effective manner
EPG Planning and Permitting – Using our experience and skills to plan for, permit, and help build a better future for us all.
“EPG has proven to be a firm committed to providing the highest quality landscape architecture and environmental planning services, completing their work on-time and within assigned budgets. We would not hesitate to recommend them.”
Lynn Larsen, Project Manager – Salt Lake County Parks & Recreation