EPG is seeking qualified biologists for part-time, hourly, or contract-based biological survey work for our Salt Lake City office.
Qualifications and skills required
- Experience identifying sensitive wildlife and plant species and/or conducting wetland delineations
- Ability to hike up to 10 miles per day in variable terrain and weather
- An excellent attitude and good teamwork and communication skills
Education and experience required
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in wildlife biology, zoology, ecology, botany, or range science; or two years’ worth of coursework pursuant to the majors listed
- At least one season of field experience with wildlife field surveys, plant field surveys, or wetland delineations
- Experience with GPS data collection
Job responsibilities include assisting with the following
- Conducting field surveys for: federally-listed, state-listed, and sensitive wildlife and plant species; migratory birds, including raptors; invasive and noxious weeds; and/or wetland delineations
- Data entry and quality assurance/quality control of data
- Assisting with report preparation and project coordination
- The work schedule will vary depending on the job. Lodging and per diem will be provided depending on distance and job requirements.
- This is a non-exempt temporary employment position; hourly salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience.
Salary is negotiable based on relevant experience.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter listing at least 3 references to:
Environmental Planning Group, LLC Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org